Sunday, June 23, 2013

Kickstarter Support – Grant Rising


I got on this Kickstarter a while back, but I just didn’t have time to post anything to my blog until now.  It is called, “Grant Rising: Mapping the Career of a Great Commander Through 1862.” It is almost over and it is just over a day left on it as I post this entry.  It looks every interesting and considering all of the Civil War books I have been reading lately, I am hooked.  The map graphics look outstanding!

It is a book on General U.S. Grant from his early military career, the Mexican-American War and the early part of the Civil War (1862) in which he served in Missouri and Tennessee.  I will not go over everything, but will point you to the website and asked that you watch the videos.


In the spirit of this book, I am including the following picture that I took a couple years back when I was visiting Ironton, Missouri.  It is the location where Grant was at when he received the order promoting him to Brigadier General. 




The Union Forever!

Sapper

No comments: