Tuesday, July 2, 2013

The Last Corner!

Some of you may have remembered back on 12/17/12, I posted a blog entry that I was going to paint my bedroom from a nasty pea green to bright white.  Also, some of you may know that I am a traveler for work and only get home two weekends a month, if I am lucky.  Sometimes it can be as long as one weekend every two months.  Plus in my 12/17/12 entry, I showed a picture of my book cases and what a mess I had and that was going to start inventorying them and restack them on three additional book cases that I bought for my bed room. 

Finally, after six months, I am almost complete.  As you can see in the picture below, I am finally on my last corner to be painted in the bed room (due to the way my bed room is laid out, I actually have eight corners!)  All of the books in my bedroom have been inventoried, but I still have the ones in the basement to go through.  The room is still in total chaos, but once I get this corner finish and dried, I can start to get things straighten up.  Also be on the look out a couple of months, I will be putting up a list of books that will be looking for a new home as I am going to be weeding through my collection.


I had to drag my old computer desk out of my bed room and that was what use to sit in this corner.  I have to go out and buy an new one, but for now I have a small folding picnic table (2'x4') that I will be placing back there.  My old computer desk has seen better days of about 20+ years and was starting to fall apart.

So for now, I am taking a break and letting the paint dry so I can hit the corner one more time with an coat.  Hopefully tomorrow will bring about order from the chaos.  After that...the basement!  First will be some general cleaning and pitching out some junk that just needs to be thrown away.  Then, it will be sorting/inventorying through miniatures to figure out what to keep, what to try to sell, and what to just throw away.  Hopefully by the end of the year, I will have my gaming area again in the basement.

Cheers,

Joe

2 comments:

combatcolours said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioE_O7Lm0I4

Anonymous said...

Yay Joe.

HostileContact