Current Gaming Projects

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Monday, Monday…or "Illegitimi non carborundum"

Well, it looks like the next 10 weeks
will be hell at work.  Not to go into details, but I will be lucky to get two hours to myself every night before going to bed, plus I might not get my every other weekend off either.  Realistically, I am looking at 16 hours a day, 7 days a week, for a most of that time starting in the next few weeks.  It only looks worst when looking at the end of the 10 weeks.

So, no gaming or gaming related stuff except reading…if I am lucky.  This also means that I might not be blogging much at all, if anything at all, also.  I am pretty much decided that it will not be possible for me to make my deadline to have a game in my basement by early June, or probably even by the end of the summer now. 

This in turn has got my blue funk from the previous blog entry even darker.  I keep on with this job because the pay is decent, plus I have a very specialized trade that makes me very much a niche market.  That means it will be hard to find anyone else to hire me that is not just like the company I am, so I still would be working the similar works and travel.  I am hoping to get my house paid off in another year or two, then pack away as much money as I can for a few more years and hope for an early retirement or shift in employment to something else at a much demanding for time and stress, plus at home, for a major pay cut.  Honestly, in a few more years, I think that will be the route that I will take.

As part of my dark blue funk, I am really starting to re-think what I want to keep for gaming.  I plan to try to make an outline of projects that I have miniatures for, then what % of completion (having everything owned and painted) I am at with each project, and finally if it is a project that I really, really want to keep.   Either way, I doubt that I will be supporting any more miniature specific Kickstarters in the future.  There may be exceptions, like pre-painted figures or where they come with a rule set that I want, but for the most part I am done with that. 


Sapper

2 comments:

Blake Wood Walker said...

Sorry about work. I'm stuck with my father's dementia. It's getting worse. The only good thing he signed over power of attorney to me this week. After he went to the lawyer with my mom, my father came back on Call-a-Ride by himself. My mom was floored! But my father saw nothing wrong with what he did. That and more bizarre behavior on his part is really bring home the effects of the dementia.

Anyway, I didn't mean to bore you. I've gotten some models assembled and painted. But it's more WH40K...

Later,
Blake

combatcolours said...

Well, you could take a paycheck, hop in your blue corvette and spend it all on blow and hookers! :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4QGPWLY-EM