Current Gaming Projects

Saturday, April 9, 2016

RIP - Scott McCoy

We will miss your bantering at our lunch groups and at the gaming store & table.

The Empty Chair
Eulogy for a Gamer

There is an empty chair,
at the table this day.
A hallowed place where,
a friend once played.
The roll of his dice,
my ears long to hear.

 

Or perhaps it would suffice,
if he should suddenly appear.
With character sheet in hand,
and a bag of Cheeze-doodles to share.
All his friends would stand,
as he sat in the empty chair.
I hear his voice a-callin’,  
and it ties my heart in a knot.
 

For he cries, “Though a comrade has fallen,
You must play for those who cannot.”
We conquered worlds on the run,
he and I in the name of fun.
And as others may come and go,
I make both both friend and foe.
But what I long for most,
is our past now long a ghost.


3 comments:

Pete. said...

Very sorry to hear of your loss, you have my condolences.

The Extraordinarii said...

That's very sad, hope your ok.

sapperjoe said...

Thanks, guys. But I feel for his family more than me.

Joe