Current Gaming Projects

Sunday, April 1, 2018

2018 Update!

Yep, I am still alive!  So, it has been almost nine months since I posted anything.  Well, my work has been overruling my personal life and I lost my mojo for miniature gaming.  Recently, I have been itching to get back into gaming.  I am going to send a bunch of Russian Civil War figures to be painted in April.  I am also going to try to send a batch out every other month for the rest of the year for different projects as well.  

I am going to start focusing on a hand full of rules, mostly the Osprey’s blue book wargames series, as my go to rules.  I will look at other systems, but will try to keep the total different rules sets to a minimum.  Easier said then done, I know.  But I am looking at two of the Osprey books for my Russian Civil War.  For battles, I am going to use, ‘The Men Who Would Be Kings’ ( TMWWBK) slightly modified, namely I am using a reduced number of figures for the units (75% of the size), so Regular infantry units are now nine figures instead of twelve for an example.  Then for the more individual skirmishing scenarios, I will be using, ‘In Her Majesty’s Name’, again with only some minor additions.  I think that these will be my go-to-rules for most of my 28mm games.  

As for the various miniatures projects, well, that will be harder to narrow down.  It is the curse of historical miniature gamers, I guess.  

But one project that I am going to start soon is trying to build a traveling miniature wargaming kit so I can take it with me and start gaming when I am anyway from home.  I am planning to build a 2’x2’ folding board.  I plan to use the Osprey’s Blue books first at half scale, but I might also use either Bob Cordery’s, ‘Portable Wargame’, or Neil Thomas’, ‘One Hour Wargames’, as the rules.  At first, I am going to use Blue and Red blocks then eventually use either 6mm, 10mm, or 15mm figures.  

Anyways, that is my current update and I hope to start getting back into miniature gaming again soon.  



1 comment:

Pete. said...

Great to see you back in action- the travelling board seems a great idea.

Cheers,

Pete.