Current Gaming Projects

Sunday, August 18, 2019

Still around, still not gaming much at all

Well, I am still alive.  There are personal issues in my life, mainly work.  I have a relative with a serious health issue, I am working a second shift, I have no clue how long my current project is supposed to last (I was originally told 1 to 4 weeks, and it is now going on 8 weeks), etc, etc.  

I am still buying gaming junk and hoping to at be involved in gaming regularly again.  Then last two weeks was probably the most I gamed in miniatures in almost a year.  I played in a couple of 1-to-1 games with a local gamer, Glenn.  The previous Saturday we played three quick games of 'Chainmail', and finished those in about 2 hours!  Last Saturday we played one game of 'In Her Majesty's Name' and finished it about an hour and a half.  I won three out of the four games, so I have not dried up completely!

I am trying to get some stuff sent off to a painting service, but for various reasons I am putting it off...not due to lack of money, just motivation (I think).  I got so much unpainted stuff, I just don't know what to do to get done first.  I am going to attempt to start painting again maybe next week.  I need to get up early enough to prep and prime the miniatures before I go to work for my second shift project because I can't see very well to prime the figures with spray paint outside in the dark when I get home after work!  I am going to try to do some simple uniforms at first because I have not painted in years, literary!  My plan is to paint up some figures for Neil Thomas', "One Hour Wargames" or for Osprey's, "Dragon Rampant", first because the number of figures needed should be low.  I am going to do some 10mm figures in simple uniforms just to try to relearn everything about painting again.  I figure while 10mm has fine details, there will be less details than 15mm to 28mm figures and in a mass, the mistakes will not be as obvious.  Well, that is the plan anyways.  

Also, I need to start planning my road trip for the year.  I was thinking of heading up to Minnesota & Wisconsin to chase Dillinger's gangs hideouts, etc.  But, I am also looking at heading Arizona & New Mexico to chase the Old West like Billy the Kid.  

Be seeing you,

Sapper

4 comments:

Pete. said...

Great to see you back Sapper- exploring the old gang hideouts sounds excellent.

Cheers,

Pete.

Chuckaroobob said...

Good luck Joe! If you've got some time off why not attend a con? It might get you back in the swing of things with some shock therapy.

Doug said...

US holidays (lack of) and work conditions are brutal, compared to Europe and Australasia. Sorry it's affecting you. Hope to hear some more positive news soon.

sapperjoe said...

Thanks everyone. I have not looked at my blog for a very long time and didn't see your comments (oddly, I never got email notifications that I had comments waiting to be approved...so, I blame Blogger for my lack of timely replies).