Current Gaming Projects

Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Test - 150th Anniversary Reenactment of the Battle of Pilot Knob, MO

Well, better late than never.  It took me a while, but here are the photos from the 150th anniversary reenactment of the Battle of Pilot Knob, Missouri, back in September.  I was there with Steve H & Pat L only on Sat.  It turned out that the Sat reenactment was only about the first day of the battle, covering the fighting of the gap and in Ironton.  So that is why there are no pictures of the Rebs storming the fort!

If you click on the caption for the photo of the US cavalryman, it should take you to my photo album so you can look at the pictures as your leisure.  Below that (if it works!) is a video I made using the same pictures and adding a soundtrack.  I have tried several times to get the soundtrack to work, but it keeps cutting in and out to me.  I don't know if it is that I have a bad connection or if the video is bad.  Give it a try and let me know.

I was planning to have an article about the battle with this posting, but I am still working on that.  Whenever I get it done, I will re-post these pictures and video.  

Cheers,

Sapper

Holding the line!


2 comments:

Pete. said...

Great pictures- I enjoyed looking at them. Nice to see so many re-enactors on the field too.

Cheers,

Pete.

sapperjoe said...

Thanks, Pete. While I never heard a count of how many reenactors were there, I did a rough eyeball account that there was probably about 500+ Rebels alone. The picture in the photo albums where the Rebs are formed in front of there camp is about 200 alone, and there were more just out of the picture.

What is more amazing, is when you think of terms of scale ratio (like 1 figure = X men), but in terms of 1 reenactor equals X men, the Union had too many men, by a lot, and they held for a day, before falling back to the fort!

Joe