So another year ends and we are already into the next. 2015 was not a good year for my social life, but I did meet some goals that I set for at the beginning of 2015. It is time for a recap of my basic goals from my 2015 commitment blog entry in January, '15, which I am summarizing in black print and what I actually completed in red print. Some time in the near future, I will lay out my 2016 goals.
On a side note that while I made no commitments to the number of blog entries for 2015, I did post a total of 40 for the year.
2015 Personal Related Goals:
- Change my diet / eating habits to lose weight and become more health oriented. - I did lose just over 20 lbs since the same time last year.
- Try to exercise more, mainly by walking - Yep, I was doing this at work until the weather got worst
- Try to clear out more items from my aunt’s house and get a Building Inspector to find what needs to be corrected for possibly renting it out or selling it - Done and the house has been closed for sale earlier this week
- Go back to cleaning up my basement - I am doing this, but not as often as I really should be working on it
- Try to get rid of more books and start reducing my CD & DVD collections - Really have not even started on this, but did give away several dozen books to a church group that ships them to soldiers overseas and a couple of books to local friends.
finish reading Ridgeway: The American Fenian Invasion and the 1866 Battle That Made Canada by Peter Vronsky - Nope, still half way through
finish off the Ian Fleming’s James Bond series - done
read the four volume opus by Bruce Nichols’ Guerrilla Warfare in Civil War Missouri - I finished two and about 3/4th of the way through the third. They are very good books and easy to read, but I just got side tracked and have hardly been reading anything at all for the last several months.
Continue on with my 15mm Ridgeway project in painting my Canadians and start repainting my Fenian figs. Next I am going to lay out a scale map and see what I need for terrain to make this a playable game prior to the 150th anniversary of the battle in 2016. - None of this happened