Current Gaming Projects

Sunday, August 21, 2016

Great music!

I don't think that ever really talked about my taste in music before, but I think I might have posted some Mr B, the Gentleman Rhymer videos or mention Professor Elemental before.  Anyways, I have a very esoteric taste in music.   I use to be very main stream in my youth with Country & Western and Classic Rock.  But also in my youth, I had a great love for the 1930s-40s swing and folk music.  It would not out of line for me listening to Glenn Miller or the Andrews Sisters while still in high school.  So, when the mid-late 1990s swing revival came about, I was pretty happy.  But it was short lived and is pretty much gone save for a few bands nowhere near me and no new albums.

But today I discovered that there is a new band out there that is very active, putting out albums and videos, called the Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox. It looks like do original songs as well as doing current songs to various period pieces.  I am posting a few YouTube videos below for you to check out.  I love the music, the voices, and the quality of the filming.  They are well worth the time and I prefer these versions over the originals hands down.  Now, I have to go and buy some albums and start following them for future releases.

Cheers,

Sapper

Black Hole Sun - Vintage Soundgarden Cover ft. Haley Reinhart

No Diggity - Vintage Jessica Rabbit- Style Blackstreet Cover ft. Ariana Savalas (Telly Savalas' daughter)

I Will Survive - Vintage '40s Jazz / Latin Ballroom Style Cover ft. Sara Niemietz


Dancing in the Dark - Retro '50s Style Bruce Springsteen Cover ft. Von Smith

Welcome To The Jungle - Vintage Orchestral Guns 'n' Roses Cover ft. Daniela Andrade (Hey, Axle...not only is this version is better but she is not inciting a riot...FU!  From, St. Louis)

Gangsta's Paradise - Vintage 1920's Al Capone Style Coolio Cover ft. Robyn Adele Anderson 

 

1 comment:

Pete. said...

Great stuff- not what I noirmally listen too but it really clicked with me for some reason, when ever I've been on the PC I've had PMJ vids playing on youtube....

Cheers,

Pete.