Current Gaming Projects

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Ghosts From My Past - Pt 1 (The Fenians)

Well, I have been on holiday for a week and have been cleaning up the basement.  As part of that, I also have been bagging up miniatures to sell off and reorganizing my storage of my stuff to keep.  While doing that, I have unearthed some of my older projects and decided to add them up on the blog for review.  First is my Battle of Ridgeway, 1866.  I only got the Fenians finished, but I have figures to do the Canadians.  Originally they were all mounted on individual bases, I have since decided to based them three to an 1"x1" base.  That is why you will notice that they have flocking around their feet, but the base is not done.  I am planning to revisit my Fenian Raids, 1866, project using Regimental Fire & Fury.

The storage case with the Fenian forces
General O'Neill and the standard bearer carrying the flag presented to Thomas Meager in 1848
The IRA Regt'l command stands - since then, I found descriptions of the actual flags used at Ridgeway and plan to replace these with them
More Irish Volunteers
Even more Irish Volunteers!
Paddy and Sean expressing themselves towards the English Crown!

No comments: